Oral presenters will be allocated 12-15 minutes for their presentation and 5 minutes for questions and answers with the audience. If the presentation exceeds 15 minutes, the moderator will shorten the Q&A period that follows the presentation.
Both oral presentations and slides have to be in English.
Acceptable formats of slide presentation is MS PowerPoint 2018 or earlier and Acrobat PDF X. Please ensure that all presentations are in one of these supported formats. High definition (HD) projectors will be used for all ITCD sessions. Please apply widescreen formatting when preparing your slides (aspect ratio 16:9; resolution 1920 x 1080).
Speakers must bring their slides on a portable drive to the apointed session room, so slides can be uploaded to the presentation computer. All presenters should bring their slides to at least half an hour in advance of their presentation. All slide presentations will be preloaded to the computer in the scheduled order.
- Our experience indicates that up to 15 slides is optimal, allowing 1 minute per slide. You may choose to use more than 15 slides, but please be sure to complete your presentation within the allocated 15 minutes
- The content slides should give an overview of the research with conclusions and future research direction.
- Choose photos and drawings that are clear and in good resolution.
Make the letters on your slides BIG ENOUGH. Suggested minimum font is 14.
- We recommend that you, for any unexpected event, bring at least two copies (on USB) of your presentation with you.
- Avoid lengthy tabulations of numerical data and limit equations to those for which the terms can be properly defined.
- Include only information or data that can be properly explained in the allotted time.
- Simplicity and Legibility are Keys to Effective Oral Presentations